[R] Need help with GLM on R

icelandic1992 georgialclack92 at outlook.com
Fri Sep 18 18:03:35 CEST 2015

I am using some data for a population count
This what my data is set out as
Area   Count    Year      DOY      Rain     Wind

all continuous effects except wind and rain and area are categorical
variables with 1 for rain and wind and 0 for no rain or wind and areas 1-27

I am trying to do a GLM analysis of certain treatment effects on Loge(total
count+1) to find out which factors significantly affect the count. I used
the formula glm.nb(Count~factor(Area)+Year+Rain+Wind+DOY)
However it does not work, and when I looked at it with the formula I was
given by someone else which was
glm.nb(Count~factor(Area)+Year+DOY+Year*DOY) it came up with intercept as
the first area and then areas 1-27 listed and then year and DOY.

I am unsure of what this means as i think it is comparing all the areas to
the first area. I really want it to come up with a table that looks like
this

Effect              Coefficient        SE      F-value
Area number
Year
Wind
Rain

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I have tried to understand how to
get this table but I am struggling to understand