[R] Fwd: ERROR - non-conformable arguments

Alexander Moßbrucker islandelephants at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 09:03:54 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am using adehabitatHS for habitat selection analysis using widesII(), when
running the script I get the error message: Error in as.vector(X) %*%
t(as.vector(Y)) : non-conformable arguments

Here the script I am using including the data

> #dataset (read from tab deliminated text file)
>
> available
  Riparian Conifer MtShrub1 Aspen RockOutcrop Bitterbrush Windblown MtShrub2
PresBurn
1     0.06    0.13     0.16  0.15        0.06        0.17      0.12     0.04
0.09
  Clearcut
1     0.02
> used
     Riparian Conifer MtShrub1 Aspen RockOutcrop Bitterbrush Windblown
MtShrub2 PresBurn
Ani1        0       0        0     2           0          16         5
14       28
Ani2        0       2        1     2           2           5        10
10       35
Ani3        0       1        2     1           0          14         9
8       40
Ani4        0       1        3     7           5           3         6
9       31
Ani5        0       0        2     2           5          18        10
6       25
Ani6        0       2        1     4           2           7         6
15       19
     Clearcut
Ani1        8
Ani2        9
Ani3        4
Ani4        9
Ani5        0
Ani6       19

> #analysis
>
> widesII(used, available, avknown = TRUE, alpha = 0.05)
Error in as.vector(X) %*% t(as.vector(Y)) : non-conformable arguments

Note: I am using an example dataset to test out a script I want to use to
analyse my own dataset, for this I exported the example dataset to excel,
converted it to tab deliminated text file, then imported it.

All worked well when using the example dataset provided by adehabitatHS,
thus I suspect that somhow my test dataset is not correctly read in or
something similar.

I am quite new to R, thus apologize for any shortcomings in reporting etc..

Many thanks, best, Alex