[R] Loading data chartseries

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 10:00:10 CEST 2015

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 3:10 PM, bgnumis bgnum <bgnumis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to plot this data on file.txt that has this format
>
> 01/01/2000;970,1877
> 02/01/2000;970,2224
> 03/01/2000;969,0336
> 04/01/2000;958,3023
> 05/01/2000;952,8527
>
> I´m trying to plot with quantmode with this code but it is not working
>

> X<-read.table("file.txt", col.names=c("Date","LAST"), sep=";",dec=",")
>

> chartSeries(
> X,theme="white",
>   TA = c(addBBands(200,2))
>

> )
>
> But it says on error
>
> Error in try.xts(x, error = "chartSeries requires an xtsible object") :
>   chartSeries requires an xtsible object
>

> How can I run chartseries with my own data?

Your data need to be in an xts object, or something that can be
converted to an xts object via as.xts().  I recommend the former.

Lines <-
"01/01/2000;970,1877
02/01/2000;970,2224
03/01/2000;969,0336
04/01/2000;958,3023
05/01/2000;952,8527"

library(quantmod)
X <- as.xts(read.zoo(text=Lines, sep=";", dec=",", format="%m/%d/%Y"))
chartSeries(X, theme="white", TA="addBBands(200,2)")

Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com