[R] Accessing defunct package

Dennis Fisher fisher at plessthan.com
Fri Sep 25 20:23:34 CEST 2015

David

Thanks for suggesting this.  Three issues of note:

1.  I too work on a Mac.  When I downloaded the last archived version (which has a .gz extension), OS X automatically unzipped the file and removed the .gz extension.  I was able to gzip the file so that I could execute your exact command.  However, I am curious whether you were able to download without OS X unzipping it.

2.  When I executed your exact command, I received one warning message:
	SASxport.c:695:10: warning: unused variable 'dbl' [-Wunused-variable]
I presume that this can be ignored.  Am I correct?

3.  Did you actually run the write.xport command?  I did so and it failed on a number of files (but worked on others).  Failures yielded the following error:
	Error in nchar(var) : invalid multibyte string 3157
I traced the problem in this instance to the following text:
	DIARRH¸æéñåºA
Other than editing the object to remove errant text, is there some general way to prevent this error?

Dennis

Dennis Fisher MD
P < (The "P Less Than" Company)
Phone: 1-866-PLessThan (1-866-753-7784)