[R] flexmix - concomitant model and significance of variables

Damien Jourdain damien.jourdain at cirad.fr
Sat Sep 26 07:42:02 CEST 2015

Dear All,

I am new to this forum and to flexmix.
I am using flexmix to make a cluster analysis (Model Based). The data for
the clustering are all continuous (although all between 0 and 1).  I also
want to see the correlation between found clusters and some socio economic
variables, so I am using a concomitant model

The formulation is:
Conc<- FLXmultinom(~factor(Area)+factor(income)+Gender+factor(Education))

f2c <- flexmix(cbind(ECO, SOC, ENV, CULT)~1, k=5,
              model=FLXMCmvnorm(), concomitant=Conc, data=data)

To recover the influence of socio-economic variables from the output I am
using:
f2c at concomitant@coef

However, how do I know which variables are significant?

Any help is welcomed!

Best

Damien