[R] [FORGED] cumulative distribtuion function for multinomial distribution in R

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Sep 29 22:44:55 CEST 2015

On 30/09/15 01:35, peter dalgaard wrote:

> On 29 Sep 2015, at 04:16 , Rolf Turner <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>
>> On 29/09/15 14:58, li li wrote:
>>> Hi all, In R, is there a function for the cumulative distribution
>>> function for multinomial distribution? I only see pmultinom and
>>> rmultinom which are the prabability mass function and the
>>> function for generating multinomial random variables
>>> respectively.
>>
>> A moment's Googling would have led you to pmvnorm in package
>> "mvtnorm".
>
> A moment spent with a cup of strong coffee would have led you to
> realize that multinomial and multivariate normal are two different
> things....  ;-)

Yeah, well, some brains would help too.

Be that as it were, did you see my follow-up post in respect of the
(actually relevant) MFSAS package and it's "orphaned" (or not) status?

The package (source version in the Archives) seems to be basically OK.
Did the maintainer just disappear off the face of the earth?

According to my reading of the README, this should instigate an
"orphaned" annotation in the DESCRIPTION file, but there doesn't seem to
be one.

cheers,

Rolf

--