[R] Calculate Total CORRECTED SS for non linear regression

Wed Sep 30 15:51:20 CEST 2015

Michael... this is an example of a thread that is quickly headed off-topic for R-help because there are lots of resources for learning "why" one formula might be better than another elsewhere and the use of the R language is not central to that discussion (and yet this topic has been discussed before on R-help). It is common to get friendly warnings that your proposed calculations might not do what you think they will around here, but you should supplement those warnings with reading elsewhere to keep the discussion here mostly on the topic of R.

In this case you ought to read up at [1], [2] and [3] at least, and in the future try to ask "how to calculate" questions by including references to the formulas or theory you are interested in. Terms like "adjusted" and "corrected" may not mean the same thing in all contexts, so knowing what YOU are referring to can avoid confusion.

[1]  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coefficient_of_determination
[2] stats.stackexchange.com
[3] http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing