[R] reduced set of alternatives in package mlogit

Christopher Desjardins cdesjard at umn.edu
Fri Apr 1 16:54:47 CEST 2016

Hi Jose,

You're referring to your response variable when you're saying it's missing
some of the choices, right? Are your response choices ever known or do they
just occur with extremely low frequency? Either way, I think the mlogit
package would be inappropriate for you. I imagine you would have much
better luck using MCMCpack or writing a model with rstan or something
Bayesian. Unless I'm missing something.

Chris