[R] Using final sample weight in survey package

José Fernando Zea jfzeac at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 06:01:12 CEST 2016

I have the final sample weight (expansion factor) from a socieconomic
survey. I don't know the exact design used in the study ( (probably is a
stratified two-stage design).

To illustrate my problem I will use the next dataset which have a sample
weight (but the design is not specified) and incorporate the design with
svydesign and create some bootstrap replicates in order to be able to
produce estimations.

Is that correct?:

load(url("http://knutur.at/wsmt/R/RData/small.RData"))
library(survey)
small.w <- svydesign(ids = ~1, data = small, weights = small$weight)
design<-as.svrepdesign(small.w,type="bootstrap", replicates=100)

Cordialmente
Jose F. Zea

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]