[R] Fligner-Killeen test on binary data

emeline mourocq emeline.mourocq at uzh.ch
Mon Apr 4 11:48:07 CEST 2016

Hello,

I investigate survival until the following year (0,1) and I wish to test if
the variance in survival for two or more groups are significantly different
from each other.

I read that the Fligner-Killeen test is a non-parametric test which is very
robust against departures from normality but is it correct (valuable
technique for publication) to use it on binary data?

In other words, can I use
fligner.test(survival~categorical_predictor,data=mydata) when survival is
binary (0,1)?

Best regards

Emeline

---