[R] HTML help -- as a single document for the entire package

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Apr 6 17:57:43 CEST 2016

> On Apr 6, 2016, at 2:37 AM, Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 06/04/2016 4:17 AM, Holger Hoefling wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if there was an equivalent to the pdf-manual for
>> R-packages, but rendered as a single html page? I am looking for this as it
>> would make reading easier as
>> - no restriction to the standard paper width, but flowing to the browser
>> window size
>> - no page breaks
>> - full text search across the entire manual.
>
> No, there isn't.

My somewhat different understanding may simply be a reflection of a different operating system (given my inferior knowledge of the R ecosystems to that of Duncan). I run R in the R.app GUI on a Mac and the Help menu dropdown choice brings up links (in browser form) to local versions of the documents that I thought were  shipped with every new installation. Assuming your request is for an html version of "Writing R Extensions", then I get one with:

http://127.0.0.1:15834/doc/manual/R-exts.html

--
David.