[R] Subject: tcl-tk error on Suse Linux R install

Griffiths, Michael michael.griffiths at news.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 14:23:05 CEST 2016

Dear R Forum,

I have R installed on a SUSE Linux server. The version of R is 3.2.4
Revised. I have been trying to install R commander on the server to provide
a GUI for code development, however when I come to install Rcmdr via

install.packages(“<package-name>”,repos=c(“
http://cran.revolutionanalytics.com”),dependencies=TRUE,type=”source”)

I have a series of non-zero exit status messages for several packages,
including tcltk2. After a little digging round, it seems that tcltk is not
available to my R install.

Now if I offer the command capabilities inside R I am then told that tcltk
is FALSE.

However the zypper in tk tcl command, says that tk and tcl are both
installed and are present in the Linux install.

My question is this: how do I make both tk and tcl available to R so that I
can download and install the R commander package?

Many thanks as always for the R communities time

Mike Griffiths

"Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail"

Newsworks - bringing advertisers and newsbrands together

www.newsworks.org.uk

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may be

legally privileged and are the property of News Corp UK & Ireland

Limited on whose systems they were generated. News Corp UK

& Ireland Limited is the holding company for the News UK group,

is registered in England & Wales under number 81701, has its

registered office at 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF and

is registered with VAT number GB 243 8054 69. If you have received

this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and do not

use, distribute, store or copy it in any way. Statements or opinions in

this e-mail or any attachment are those of the author and are not
necessarily agreed or authorised by News Corp UK & Ireland Limited

or any member of its group. News Corp UK & Ireland Limited may

monitor outgoing or incoming emails as permitted by law.  It accepts
no liability for viruses introduced by this e-mail or attachments.

News Corp UK & Ireland Limited and its titles are committed to abiding by
IPSO's regulations and the Editors' Code of Practice that IPSO enforces.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]