[R] Documentation: Was -- identical() versus sapply()

William Michels wjm1 at caa.columbia.edu
Tue Apr 12 20:00:09 CEST 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 9:44 AM, David Winsemius <dwinsemius at comcast.net> wrote:
<SNIP>

>  There need to be more worked examples, but those could easily be mined from problems submitted as recorded in the R-help Archives and StackOverFlow.

<SNIP>

This sounds like a great opportunity for R-users to contribute to the
community (and I certainly would love to participate).

One question for R-Core gurus: R-GUIs have the ability to open a
script window and use a shortcut to execute code in the R-Console. Can
each "Example" on the help pages be configured to do the same? Or at
least assist in block-copying to the Console?

We'd get a lot more people working through examples that way, and
contributors might come up with their own examples to illustrate a
particular function. A Dokuwiki site might be a place where people
could post and vote on new examples to be included in pre-existing
documentation.

--Bill
William Michels, Ph.D.