[R] Decision Tree and Random Forrest

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 00:32:37 CEST 2016

It sounds like you want classification or regression trees. rpart does
exactly what you describe.

Here's an overview:
http://www.statmethods.net/advstats/cart.html

But there are a lot of other ways to do the same thing in R, for instance:
http://www.r-bloggers.com/a-brief-tour-of-the-trees-and-forests/

You can get the same kind of information from random forests, but it's
less straightforward. If you want a clear set of rules as in your golf
example, then you need rpart or similar.

Sarah