[R] [FORGED] calculate sampel size?

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Apr 14 09:55:23 CEST 2016

On 14/04/16 19:28, Marna Wagley wrote:
> Hi R user,
> Can we calculate sample size when only mean and SE are given?
> Let say one example,  I have mean with SE is  0.54+-0.0517 (mean+-SE). Is
> there any way to find the samples (sample size n) in that condition in R?
>
> i think this question is not related to R, I hope you won't mind.

You're correct, your question is not related to R.

But the answer (short, long or indifferent) to your question is No.

And furthermore, don't be silly.  SE = s/sqrt(n).  If you knew s you
could solve for n, but you don't.  Full stop.  There's an end to it.
Any further mucking about is unproductive wishful thinking.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

P. S.  See fortune(299).

--