[R] Error messages when start first time R: "You're using a non-UTF8 locale, therefore only ASCII characters will work."

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 18:48:16 CEST 2016

1. These are warnings, not error. So you could just ignore them and proceed.

2. However, you may wish to go to the tools -->General menu in RStudio
and set the default text encoding to UTF-8. I think that will get rid
of the warnings.

Happy R-ing. Please make use of R's docs and web resources (especially
tutorials) before posting on this list, as most questions you might
have should be quickly answerable from them.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."