[R] Solving sparse, singular systems of equations

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Wed Apr 20 16:59:08 CEST 2016

This is not a solution but your lsfit attempt
   #Error in lsfit(A, b) : only 3 cases, but 4 variables
   lsfit(A,b)
gave that error because lsfit adds a column of 1 to
its first argument unless you use intercept=FALSE.
Then it will give you an answer (but I think it converts
your sparse matrix into a dense one before doing
any linear algebra).

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com