[R] Parsing and counting expressions in .txt-files

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 23:00:42 CEST 2016

I suggest you go through some R tutorials to learn about R's
capabilities.  Some recommendations can be found here:
https://www.rstudio.com/online-learning/#R

To answer your specific query:

?scan  ## Because you do not specify file format.

?grep  ?regexp ## to use regular expressions to find text.

R may not be the best tool for this task, however. Or certain R
packages may be better than the basic R tools. Try searching on the
rseek.org site to see what might be available if you do not receive
suggestions here.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter