[R] Inserting a blank row to every other row

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 17:53:19 CEST 2016

Well, something like this would work (there may be slicker solutions):

> z <- data.frame(a=1:3,b = letters[1:3])
> i <- seq_len(nrow(z)) *2
> z <-rbind(z,z)
> z[i, ] <- matrix(NA, nr=nrow(z),nc=ncol(z))
   a    b
1  1    a
2 NA <NA>
3  3    c
4 NA <NA>
5  2    b
6 NA <NA>

But I agree with you that there is probably a way to handle the
underlying issues that does not require this kind of artifice.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."