[R] How to access the latitude & longitude for UK post codes in R

John McKown john.archie.mckown at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 20:44:15 CEST 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Muhammad Bilal <
Muhammad2.Bilal at live.uwe.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have a data frame with three columns i.e., pc, lat, lon.
>

> The pc column is populated with list of postcodes, and I want to execute R
> command that can get me the lat and lon for the every item in the pc column
> and populate the respective lat and lon columns.
>

> Is there any package that could be used?
>

> Any help will be really appreciated.
>

> Many Thanks and
>

> Kind Regards
>
> --
> Muhammad Bilal
> Research Fellow and Doctoral Researcher,
> Bristol Enterprise, Research, and Innovation Centre (BERIC),
> University of the West of England (UWE),
> Frenchay Campus,
> Bristol,
> BS16 1QY
>
> muhammad2.bilal at live.uwe.ac.uk<mailto:olugbenga2.akinade at live.uwe.ac.uk>

​I didn't find a package, but I did find this page:
https://www.freemaptools.com/map-tools.htm
If you scroll down to the UK section, you'll find:

   - Download UK Postcodes with Latitude and Longitude
   <https://www.freemaptools.com/download-uk-postcode-lat-lng.htm> -
   Download a list of UK out code postcodes with their latitude and longitude
   coordinates
   ​.​

On that page, you will find a link which will download a ZIP file which
contains a CSV file which says (I didn't download it) it contains the post
code, lat, long for the UK postcodes.
​You might be able to use that as a source for your own lookup code.​ I
found this via Google.

--
The unfacts, did we have them, are too imprecisely few to warrant our
certitude.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]