[R] SAS file

Daniel Nordlund djnordlund at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 08:17:32 CEST 2016

On 8/7/2016 7:49 AM, John Kane wrote:
> As Jim says the file did not arrive. R-help is very fussy about what kind of files it accepts. If you are still having a problem it would be a good idea to upload it to file-sharing place such as Dropbox or Mediafire and just post the link here.
>
> John Kane
> Kingston ON Canada

The file extension, '.ssd01' is typically used for a standard Unix SAS
dataset.  the R function, lookup.xport(), is for examining SAS XPORT
files.  So, you are using the wrong approach to read the file.

You will need to get an XPORT format file, or have SAS available, or get
some 3rd party software that will read SAS datasets.

Dan

--
Daniel Nordlund
Port Townsend, WA  USA