[R] dissimilarity matrix using SAX distance

AURORA GONZALEZ VIDAL aurora.gonzalez2 at um.es
Tue Aug 16 15:38:03 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I'm trying to cluster some data using SAX distance that was described in
the paper "a symbolic representation of time series with implications for
streaming algorithms" http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~eamonn/SAX.pdf

Once I have my data in matrix format, which function can I use to compute
the dissimilarity matrix? There are several ones to compute the distance
between two SAX data series

diss.MINDIST.SAX(x, y, w, alpha, plot=TRUE)
Func.dist(x, y, matrix, n)

but it is very slow when I try to fill the matrix with two loops and I
really think there should be already any implentation. Do you have any
idea?

I already convert the data into a series of "a",  "b", "c", ... etc data
so I would appreciate either the directo computation of the sax matrix
using my raw data OR using the data already converted to SAX format.

Thank you for any suggestion!

------
Aurora González Vidal
Phd student in Data Analytics for Energy Efficiency

Faculty of Computer Sciences
University of Murcia

@. aurora.gonzalez2 en um.es
T. 868 88 7866