[R] Please help me, I'm trying to update my version of R

Thomas Mailund mailund at birc.au.dk
Tue Aug 23 05:45:32 CEST 2016

Hi Ken,

You are trying to install R as a package. That won't work. The .pkg file you downloaded from https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/ is an installer, though, so if you just double-click on it, it should take you through the installation. After that you probably need to install a number of packages, since the ones you have installed for version 3.2 R won't be available in the 3.3 installation, but *those* packages you can install using install.packages.

Cheers

--
Thomas Mailund