[R] Plotting Confidence Intervals into a density plot

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 10:01:28 CET 2016

Hi Elysa,
I think you are going a bit off course in your example. Try this and
see if it is close to what you want:

data<-rnorm(100)+runif(100,0,15)
smu_data<-supsmu(1:100,data)
rollfun<-function(x,window=10,FUN=sd) {
 xlen<-length(x)
 xout<-NA
 forward<-window%/%2
 backward<-window-forward
 for(i in 1:xlen) {
  xstart<-i-backward
  if(xstart < 1) xstart<-1
  xend<-i+forward-1
  if(xend > xlen) xend<-xlen
  xout[i]<-do.call(FUN,list(x[xstart:xend],na.rm=TRUE))
 }
 return(xout)
}
mad_data<-rollfun(data,10,mad)
plot(data,ylim=c(0,17))
library(plotrix)
dispersion(smu_data$x,smu_data$y,mad_data,type="l",interval=TRUE,
 fill="lightgray")
lines(smu_data,lwd=2)
points(1:100,data)

Jim