[R] Interpreting summary.lm for a 2 factor anova

Ashim Kapoor ashimkapoor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 15:16:51 CET 2016

Dear Pikal,

All levels except the interactions are compared to the Intercept. I'm a
little confused as to what's going on in interaction terms eg. the cell
wool B : tension M. It's mean is :
28.78 and 28.78 - 44.56 = -15.78 != 21.111.

It's something like 44.56 (intercept) -16.333 (wool B) -.20.556 (tension
M)  + 21.111 (woolB:tensionM) = 28.782.

I don't know how to sum up the above line in terms of differences
succinctly.

Best Regards,
Ashim

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]