[R] Question about proxy setting of R

qwertyui_period at yahoo.co.jp qwertyui_period at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Dec 5 12:33:34 CET 2016

Dear Jim,

Thanks to your advice, "Proxy Authentification" window showed up, however,
I couldn't access to the internet. Error messages are as below.

------------------------------ ------------------------------ -------
> update.packages(ask='graphics',checkBuilt=TRUE)
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Warning: failed to download mirrors file (scheme not supported in URL
'https://cran.r-project.org/CRAN_mirrors.csv'); using local file
'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-33~1.2/doc/CRAN_mirrors.csv'
Warning: unable to access index for repository
https://cran.ism.ac.jp/src/contrib:
  scheme not supported in URL 'https://cran.ism.ac.jp/src/contrib/PACKAGES'
Proxy authentication failed:
        please re-enter the credentials or hit Cancel------------------------------ ------------------------------ -------

I assume the proxy server is only available for "http", not "https".
What should I do ?

J J