[R] Generating Heavy and Light Tailed Normal Variates

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:15:25 CET 2016

There is no such thing as "heavy and light tailed normal variates."
The normal distribution is normal, period.

Ask this on stats.stackexchange.com. It is about statistics not R, and
a sensible answer heavily depends on the context you have in mind.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

and sticking things into it."