[R] Bugzilla account request

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Dec 19 17:41:32 CET 2016

> On Dec 19, 2016, at 12:25 AM, Florent Angly <florent.angly at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have identified a couple of bugs that I would like to file on
> https://bugs.r-project.org/ .
>
> Reading the archives, I found that the bugzilla account creation is not
> automated anymore and must be mannually requested on this mailing list.

I'm not sure what part of what "archive" was the source of this misinformation, but what I read in "the archives" (which I'm defining broadly by my use of Markmail in this instance) is that you are supposed to contact the administrator individually for permission.

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Aorg.r-project+bugzilla+account

Almost all of the bug discussion is on R-devel rather than r-help. My understanding is that suspected bugs should be posted to that mailing list unless you are a very experienced R-user with tested bug-fix code that you intend to submit.

I've confirmed my sometimes hazy memory by reading the Posting Guide and following embedded link regarding bug reporting to:

https://www.r-project.org/bugs.html

> Can an administrator please create an account for me?
>
> Florent
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

The fact that you are posting in HTML is an additional black mark against you. Rhelp is a plain text mailing list. You should definitely read the Posting Guide before proceeding.