[R] Download data from Internet contained in a Zip file

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun Dec 25 22:40:15 CET 2016

This has nothing to do with the fact that you are dealing with a zip file and everything to do with the "s" in "https", and all the solutions I have seen involve knowing what operating system you are using. I highly recommend that you study what Google has to say when you include that detail and leave out the zip keyword.