[R] Download data from Internet contained in a Zip file

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Sun Dec 25 23:34:09 CET 2016

The fact that you are downloading a zip is irrelevant. The "s" in "https" means you are trying to download using the secure http protocol. I don't use a Mac, but Google finds https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2011-July/008395.html when I search on "r unsupported url scheme mac osx" which says you need to use different options (but that post is old so the options may be different now). In any case, you should be posting this on R-sig-mac because the answer depends on both your OS and version of R.