[R] How to overlay lines and rectangles in lattice plot key

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Thu Dec 29 06:13:47 CET 2016

Yes, but it will probably require work.  I think you will need to
write a grob that does what you want
and then use the grob in a legend statement in the xyplot.

Start with the 'legend' argument to xyplot (about line 940 in ?xyplot).
You will probably need to work directly with grid functions and will
find Paul Murrell's book very helpful.
https://www.crcpress.com/R-Graphics/Murrell/p/book/9781584884866

Rich