[R] Export R output in Excel

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 10:19:51 CET 2016

Hi Bryan,
What functions like "htmlize" (prettyR) do is format the basic R
output into HTML tables with the option of interspersed graphics.
While I usually stop at the HTML stage, the output files can be
imported into Word for those who cannot work out how to open them with
an HTML browser. I just tried the example for "htmlize" and it imports
into Libre Office Writer fine, but doesn't fit so well into Libre
Office Calc, which does not bode well for an import into Excel. At
best you will get formatted output, but you cannot play with the
numbers as you would in a spreadsheet. Petr's suggestion, which I just
read, is an alternative that may be more useful to you.

Jim