[R] Big Finance and digits

Glenn Schultz glennmschultz at me.com
Tue Feb 2 22:28:11 CET 2016

All,

I am modeling a FNMA credit risk transfer deal.  The size of the collateral 250 billion.  Naturally, the cashflow is quite large the cash flow is calculated and stored in a S4 object which is then converted to an array and the result is character values - converting back to numeric I lose the decimal unless I set options(digits = 22).  Are there any other options available.  I have searched the internet and well as some R sites and it seems this maybe my only option.

Glenn