[R] Install.package CAIC

JLucke at ria.buffalo.edu JLucke at ria.buffalo.edu
Wed Feb 3 20:47:12 CET 2016

You should consider the package "caper", which provides a CAIC.

From the caper manual
"The caper package implements the methods originally provided in the
programs CAIC (Purvis
and Rambaut, 1995b) and MacroCAIC (Agapow and Isaac, 2002)."

Hope this helps.

Gabriela Wofkova <gabriela.wofkova at gmail.com>
Sent by: "R-help" <r-help-bounces at r-project.org>
02/03/2016 11:45 AM

r-help at r-project.org,
cc

Subject
[R] Install.package CAIC

​H
​ello,

I am a begginer in R and I need to incorporate phylogeny into my data. So
tried to instal package CAIC.

> install.packages("CAIC")
> install.packages("CAIC", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org
",type="source")
> install.packages("CAIC", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

But it doesn´t work.

Installing package into ‘C:/Users..../3.2’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)Warning in install.packages :
  package ‘CAIC’ is not available (for R version 3.2.3)

I see on forum one question on it:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Installing-CAIC-tt3693455.html

but the advice doesn´t work for me.
Have you got any other idea?

I have the newest version of R program (R version 3.2.3).

Is it possible that the package is available just for older versions? I
had
also R version 3.1.2, but also it didn´t work.

I am sorry, if it is stupid or easy question, but I am at the end with any
idea.

Thank a lot for every advice.

Gabriela W.
​