[R] Table

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Feb 11 08:57:52 CET 2016

> On Feb 10, 2016, at 7:10 PM, Val <valkremk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I want create a frequency table using this :
>
> xc1<- sample(c(1:10), 100, replace = TRUE)
> xc2<- sample(c(0,1), 100, replace = TRUE)
>
> xc3<- cbind(xc1,xc2)
>
> tab1<- xc3[,list( d1=sum(xc2==0), d2=sum(xc2==1)),by=xc1]
>
> but not working.

"Not working." Sadder and less specific complaints were never heard. You are not saying what the goal of this effort might be. Perhaps:

> table(xc1=xc3[,1], d=xc3[,2])
xc1   0  1
  1   5  4
  2   5  5
  3   6  3
  4   1  5
  5   4  6
  6   6  8
  7  10  5
  8   4  6
  9   8  3
  10  2  4

Furthermore, your syntax uses suggest you may be expecting us all to have data.table loaded, .... not a reasonable expectation. One which you should be stating explicitly with a library or require call.

> Error in `[.data.frame`(xc3, , list(d1 = sum(xc2 == 1), d2 = sum(xc2 ==  :
>  unused argument (by = xc1)
>
> any idea?
>

> I want the result like this

Well, the resutl from `table` does resemble this, but since the goal was never articulated, I'm unsure if it is a success.