[R] Why two curves and numerical integration look so different?

C W tmrsg11 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:36:47 CET 2016

Hi David,

This is the Gaussian looking distribution I am trying to integrate.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2xN0-A6iTB4NThIZ2tYdGxHc00/view?usp=sharing

Notice the unnormalized density goes up as high as 2.5*101^191.

I tried to create small intervals like
> seq(0.5, 1.3, by = 10^(-8))

but that doesn't seem to be good enough, as we know, it should integrate to
1.