[R] Need your favour : twitter sentiment issue while cleaning the corpus

Sandeep Rana sunnysingha.analytics at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 12:52:16 CET 2016

Hi,
I need your favour. I received below warning while cleaning the corpus of tweets which is not allowing me to further the analysis:

Warning message:
In mclapply(content(x), FUN, ...) :
  scheduled core 1 encountered error in user code, all values of the job will be affected

Code used: for cleaning.
tw_clean <- tm_map(tw_corpus, removePunctuation)
tw_clean <- tm_map(tw_clean, content_transformer(tolower))
tw_clean <- tm_map(tw_clean, removeWords, stopwords('english'))
tw_clean <- tm_map(tw_clean, removeNumbers)
tw_clean <- tm_map(tw_clean, stripWhitespace)

Code used to create the corpus:
tw_corpus <- Corpus(VectorSource(tw_text))

The error is raised for each of the above line of code.

I some how found a way to ignore the error/warning message by including ‘lazy=TRUE’ argument in the tm_map() function
but when attempted to view the wordcloud(tw_clean)  below error is raised with the same warning.

Error in UseMethod("meta", x) :
  no applicable method for 'meta' applied to an object of class "try-error"

In addition: Warning message:
In mclapply(unname(content(x)), termFreq, control) :
  scheduled core 1 encountered error in user code, all values of the job will be affected

Regards,
Sunny Singha
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]