[R] issue -- Packages unavailable for R version 3.2.3

boB Rudis bob at rudis.net
Wed Feb 24 15:02:39 CET 2016

Will you be able to fix the issues that crop up (or even notice the
issues) for these unsupported packages? (There _is_ a reason they
aren't in CRAN anymore.) That particular one (which is, indeed,
archived in CRAN) also depends on Rstem, which is also archived on
CRAN, and now (according to CRAN) "only available on OmegaHat" (though
older versions in the archive). OmegaHat has been down for a bit, too
(including today).

Basing a business practice on these packages seems to be--at best--an
unwise idea.

I'd suggest moving back to a version of R that those pkgs are able to
run on (probably best in a VM) and use Ista's suggestion or something
like MRAN to get specific versions then freeze that VM for future use.