[R] Color of points in legend() ignored if plotting to PNG

Helmut Schuetz helmut.schuetz at bebac.at
Sun Feb 28 14:02:02 CET 2016

Dear all,

if I plot to a PNG, the color of filled points (pch 21:25) in legend() is ignored (i.e., only the background color is used). It does not matter whether I specify the default png(bg="white") or png(bg="transparent").

The example below

x <- rnorm(10)
y <- rnorm(10)
plot(x, y, pch = 21, cex = 1.5,
   xlim = range(x, y) * 1.2, ylim = range(x, y)*1.2,
   col = "black", bg = "lightgrey")
legend("topleft", legend = "foo", inset = 0.02,
   bg = "white", pch = 21, pt.cex = 1.5,
   col = "black", pt.bg = "lightgrey")

works as desired on windows(...) but fails to show the color in the legend on png(...).

Any suggestions?
Helmut

Environment: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit), R 3.2.3

--
Ing. Helmut Schuetz
BEBAC - Consultancy Services for
e-mail  helmut.schuetz at bebac.at
web     http://bebac.at/
contact http://bebac.at/Contact.htm
forum   http://forum.bebac.at/

This e-mail is confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient please reply to sender, do not disclose
its contents to any person and delete the e-mail. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited.