[R] R package built using newer version of R

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 20:15:52 CET 2016

On 04/01/2016 2:02 PM, Tyler Auerbeck wrote:
> We're currently looking at using the R eclipse plugin StatET as our
> development environment. Due to certain requirements, we're still using
> 2.15.1. However a required package of StatET was built using 2.15.3, which
> results in the following warning:
>
> Warning message:
> package 'rj' was built under R version 2.15.3
>
> I'm still fairly new to R, but is there any way for us to rebuild this
> package using 2.15.1? It doesn't appear to cause us any issues, but it's
> still not desirable for users to see that warning.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, it's quite easy to do so.  StatET probably gives menu options to do
it, but I don't know them:  you might want to ask them.  From the R
console, try

install.packages("pkgname", type="source")

and if you have the necessary prerequisites (e.g. compilers), you'll get
it installed from source.   If it fails, post the errors and the results
of sessionInfo() here, and we'll probably be able to tell you what to do
next.

Duncan Murdoch