[R] R package built using newer version of R

Tyler Auerbeck auerbecktj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 07:34:23 CET 2016

Alright, I believe I'm making some progress. I'm now running into the
following error. As I mentioned, I'm new to this whole process, so this may
be something simple. When I run the following:

R.exe CMD INSTALL rj_2.0.3-1.tar.gz

I get the following error:

C:\users\admin\> R.exe CMD INSTALL rj_2.0.3-1.tar.gz
* installing to library 'C:/Program Files/R/R-2.15.1/library'
* installing *source* package 'rj' ...
/bin/sh: h.exe: No such file or directory
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'rj'

In case I hadn't mentioned, I am attempting to do all of this on windows. I
had looked around a little more and noticed that there is a lot of mention
of installing Rtools on the machine as well and making sure certain bin
directories are added to the path. I've ensured the following directories
were added to my path:

C:\Program Files\R\R-2.15.1\bin\x64;
C:\Program Files\R\Rtools\bin
;C:\Program Files\R\Rtools\gcc-4.6.3\bin;
C:\Program Files\R\Rtools\gcc-4.6.3\bin64;
C:\Program Files\R\Rtools\gcc-4.6.3\i686-w64-mingw32\bin

Is there anything that I may be missing that is required. I see the main
problem is that it can't seem to locate h.exe. Is there something I need to
pull down that would provide this? Do I need to add something to my path in
order for the install to find this?

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.