[R] Bezier to line segments

Adrian Dușa dusa.adrian at unibuc.ro
Wed Jan 6 08:56:35 CET 2016

Dear All,

I am interested into transforming Bezier curves (or general splines) to a
series of line segments.
For simplicity, the Bezier curves are either cubic (arches, no inflection
points) or they have at most one inflection point.

The entry parameters are exactly four points (with x and y coordinates):
- start point
- end point
- and two control points to define the curve.

I read a lot about parabolic approximation, and there is also a famous
deCasteljau algorithm.

Before attempting to create my own function, I wonder if something like
this already exists in R (or can easily be adapted to R).

Thanks in advance for any hint,
Adrian

--
Adrian Dusa