[R] How do I start contributing to R ?

Amur Ghose gublaghose at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 02:13:13 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to R and have been picking it up for the last month. I
really like it and recently I've been trying the bug tracker to see if
there's any way I can help.

I'm confused what to do after fixing a bug on my local machine. Since
the github mirror says read only, are changes done via pull requests
there or through the main SVN repository ? In that case should I be
just putting code on the mailing lists / post comments on the bug
tracker page ?

I'd also like to know how else to contribute to R , as a person new to
the project.