[R] embedding expression into title in R plot

Evan Cooch evan.cooch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 20:20:07 CET 2016

On 1/11/2016 2:08 PM, William Dunlap wrote:
> I tend to use bquote, as in
>
>    x_label <- bquote(bold(species) ~ (italic(N1)))
>    plot(1:10,main=bquote("This is the expression for" ~ .(x_label) * "!"))

Thanks -- I thought I'd tried something very close to this in my various
attempts, but it would seem, not close enough.

I'll give your suggestion a try. It isn't a critical feature/need on my
end (since I can live without elements of the title being bold, or
italic), but I'm always happier knowing what to do if I *need* do - in
future.