[R] creating cubes

Dalthorp, Daniel ddalthorp at usgs.gov
Sat Jan 16 00:17:02 CET 2016

One possibility is to arrange it as a 3-dimensional array with two 5 x 5
matrices (i.e. a 5 x 5 x 2 array):

arrD3<-array(dim=c(5,5,2))

# the first matrix is (e.g.) random normal deviates:
mat1<-matrix(rnorm(25),nrow=5,ncol=5)

# the second matrix is (e.g.) random uniform deviates:
mat2<-matrix(runif(25),nrow=5,ncol=5)

# populating your 3-d array:
arrD3[,,1]<-mat1
arrD3[,,2]<-mat2