[R] Ordinal regression with some categories combined for some data

Duncan Mackay dulcalma at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 17 01:38:12 CET 2016

Hi

I have never seen germination experiments carried out as ordinal regression.
Most germination tests are done using a nls model.
For some species germination may only start a week after planting and then
germinate over 2 or 3 days.
If all germinated over the experimental period and  there is no change in
germination between readings then read them accordingly.
If there are ungerminated seeds at the end; have these then had germinable
tests been applied to them?.

I agree with Thierry about survival analysis.
If however you are wanting to get into latency then ordinal models may be OK
Another package to do ordinal regression is VGAM

Regards

Duncan

Duncan Mackay
Department of Agronomy and Soil Science