[R] logical vector of the indices of a string in a vector

carol white wht_crl at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 24 19:24:51 CET 2016

Hi, it might be trivial but is there any way to get the logical vector of the indices of a string in a vector? I thought that %in% would do but it doesn't. I also want to filter the empty fields.
Here I want to extract the non-empty elements containing "Yes":x =c("Yes, fsd", "", "No","","Yes, fjsdlf", "")
x[c("Yes") %in% x & x != ""]character(0)

Above, I wanted to do the 2 following operations in 1. Here with grep,  it works but %in% in above doesn't:y = x[grep("Yes", x)]
[1] "Yes, fsd"    "Yes, fjsdlf"
Thanks
Carol

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]