[R] Division of data set with some restriction

Muhammad Kashif mkashif at uaf.edu.pk
Mon Jan 25 21:12:14 CET 2016

Dear Group members

Can any one help to code this situation. Suppose we have a population with some mean and a standard deviation. Then , there are n1 observations out of n  which are less than or equal to n. Also, there are n2 observations out of n which are greater than . We divide the whole data set into two parts such that we have the same mean  but different standard deviations.

for example we have 50 observations from any distribution say two parameter Weibull. Then we divide the data into two parts such that the two resulting data sets have same mean and different standard deviation.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]