[R] R-help mailing list activity / R-not-help?

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Tue Jan 26 12:30:30 CET 2016

> Yet, the trend I've seen is one of increasing **R-not-help**, in that there are
> many posts, often by new R users who get replies that not infrequently range
> from just mildly off-putting to actively hostile:

Slightly surprised that in a debate postulated on increasing 'meanness', no-one has yet pointed to Trey Causey's analysis of R-help's alleged meanness at

http://badhessian.org/2013/04/has-r-help-gotten-meaner-over-time-and-what-does-mancur-olson-have-to-say-about-it/

Up to 2013, it was apparently getting _less_ 'mean', not more.

S Ellison