[R] dplyr : row total for all groups in dplyr summarise

Ulrik Stervbo ulrik.stervbo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 18:59:17 CEST 2016

If you want the total number of rows in the original data.frame after
counting the rows in each group, you can ungroup and sum the row counts,
like:

library("dplyr")

mtcars %>%
   group_by (am, gear) %>%
   summarise (n=n()) %>%
   mutate(rel.freq = paste0(round(100 * n/sum(n), 0), "%")) %>%
   ungroup() %>%
   mutate(row.tot = sum(n))

HTH
Ulrik